Please take the time to read these terms and conditions of hire carefully, as signing our rental agreement means you are accepting all the conditions set out within it, which are legally binding, and governed by the laws of the country in which it is signed, and any dispute may be settled in the law courts of that country. If you have any concerns, or are in any doubt whatsoever about any of the following points, then please contact an RV Event Hire representative BEFORE signing. This agreement is between the Operator (RV Event Hire) and the Hirer (You).
Bookings and Reservations:
All telephone and email reservations will only be held open for up to 7 days. If we have not received a holding deposit within 7 days of your booking confirmation, then your requested dates will be freed up again for general availability. To make a reservation, we simply require a (non-refundable) holding deposit of £500, and the remaining balance to be paid in full at any given time up until 30 days before the hire period is due to commence. We will not accept a cheque as payment when there are less than 30 days remaining before the hire period is about to start. We accept payment by way of bank transfer, debit cards, cash or cheque.
2. We have the right to refuse to hand over an RV to any person(s) who, in our reasonable opinion is not suitable or in a fit state to take charge of it. In any such case, this will result in the cancellation of the hire period, and we will not be held responsible for this under any circumstances, and nor are we liable to refund the hire fee.
3. In the event of any form of accident, that results in damage, our insurance policy excess is £1,000, and the hirer accepts full liability to pay the full excess amount (less their damage retention deposit) for damage caused to the hire vehicle itself, or any third party owned vehicle or property throughout the hirers hire period (please note, that you the hirer, are responsible for any vehicle damage throughout the entire hire period, even if you are away from the vehicle at the time of any damage caused). Our insurance covers the vehicle, our belongings and equipment only. Your possessions are not covered, and hirers are advised to take out their own personal holiday insurance.
Damage Security Deposit:
4. Upon the balance of your rental period being paid, a fully refundable damage security deposit of £1,000 is required (we reserve the right to ask for a larger deposit if the vehicle is attending a music festival for example). The security deposit is held by the company, against any additional damage, breakages, broken/missing items, costs incurred or insurance claims. The security deposit, (less any deductions) will be returned to you up to a maximum of 72 hours after the vehicles return, which allows us sufficient time to fully inspect the vehicle. Under no circumstances will we return the deposit without doing our usual thorough inspection.
Suitable Locations for Delivery of the Vehicle:
5. The point of delivery is entirely down to the discretion of the companies’ driver, and the vehicle will only be dropped off at what we deem a “suitable location”. It is the hirers responsibility to ensure that the agreed place of delivery (whether it is at your home, place of work or event location) is suitable to receive such a large, heavy vehicle. Upon delivery, if our driver believes the agreed drop off place to be unsuitable in any way whatsoever, and an alternative location cannot be found (resulting in the cancellation of the hire), we will not be held responsible for this under any circumstances, and nor are we liable to refund the hire fee. We use the term “suitable location” in reference to the following delivery locations:
- The vehicle must be easily manoeuvrable upon delivery.
- The surface on which the vehicle is to be parked (event location) is suitable and sound.
- The delivery location does not cause any damage to the vehicle.
- The delivery location does not obstruct anyone or other road users.
- Our driver can safely unhook the tow car, and give a vehicle demonstration.
Delivery & Return Times:
6. Delivery of the vehicle on your agreed date is 2pm, and your hire period ends at 10am on the final date of the agreed hire period. We are flexible in terms of you wanting the vehicle an hour or so before midday, but if the vehicle is required at 7am for example, then the vehicle would need to be booked from 2pm the previous day. Please note that a vehicle hand-over and demonstration can take up to an hour, so please make allowances for this. We will not hand over a vehicle until a full demonstration has been given. The vehicle must be vacated by 10am on the final date of the agreed hire period, and we reserve the right to charge £250 for each hour that the vehicle is still inhabited.
7. Unfortunately, RV’s are sometimes not available when agreed, which is almost always due to events beyond our control. Whilst every effort is made to ensure the vehicle is ready for you at the agreed time and date, if due to circumstances beyond our control result in the cancellation of your booking (which we reserve the right to do), and an alternative suitable RV’s is not available, then our liability is strictly limited to the refund of all monies paid by you, and we accept no liability for the cost of a replacement vehicle, travel expenses, alternative accommodation costs or any other subsequential loss claims arising from events beyond our control. We reserve the right to provide a similar vehicle equal to the hire rate charged in the event of the proposed vehicle becoming unavailable.
Circumstances that we deem beyond our control include:
- Breakdowns and mechanical failure.
- Emergency repairs and accident damage.
- Late returns from the previous hirer.
- Vehicles returned with excessive than normal cleaning required to them
8. Should the hirer wish to cancel their booking more than 30 days prior to the start date of the agreed hire period, we will endeavour to try and rehire the vehicle. If we are successful in rehiring the vehicle, we will refund all monies paid to us by you (with exception of the holding deposit). However, if we are unsuccessful in rehiring the vehicle within 14 days of the event, the hirer will forfeit their balance (if paid) and any other fees that we may have incurred.
9. All items and accessories within the RV’s are there for your comfort and convenience, but remain the property of RV Event Hire. All items and accessories are only to be used by the occupants of the vehicle, and nothing is to leave the vehicle without our prior consent or knowledge. We understand accidents do happen, but all we ask of the hirer is to treat any items you may use in a reasonable manner, putting them back where you found them, and reporting any breakage’s immediately in order that we can replace such items in time for the next persons hire.
10. We do not consider appliance/feature failure, such as the ‘generator won’t start’, ‘the leisure batteries went flat’, ‘there is no hot water’ or ‘we can’t get a TV signal’ etc as a breach of our responsibilities (all appliances/features will have been demonstrated to you upon vehicle handover, and will also have comprehensive operating instructions in your welcome pack). In most cases however, appliance failure is normally down to the user being unfamiliar with the operation of the appliance, but in the unlikely event of a fault or appliance failure, we will do all we possibly can to help and assist you, but we accept no liability for the cost of a replacement vehicle, travel expenses, alternative accommodation costs or any other subsequential loss claims arising from the RV suffering from appliance failure.
- Blocked toilet.
- Marked or stained upholstery.
- Smoking and uninvited pets.
- Food or drink spillages.
- Smoking is not permitted inside ANY of our vehicles. A £500 fine will be imposed towards the cleaning of any vehicle where smoking has occured within a vehicle whilst on hire
- Any cleaning required further than a vacuuming will be charged at £55 per hour
- Any breakages at replacement cost plus fitting
Your Responsibilities During Hire Period:
12. The hirer accepts full responsibility for the vehicle throughout the hire period, and will ensure that the following points are observed and adhered to at all times. Any breach of these points may also result in the full or partial loss of your deposit.
It is the hirers responsibility:
- To ensure that no-one smokes anywhere inside the vehicle (£500 fine)
- To ensure that no uninvited pets/animals are allowed inside the vehicle.
- To ensure that the vehicle is locked and secured at all times when left unattended.
- To ensure the vehicle is kept and handed back in a reasonably clean and tidy condition.
- For use of the toilets, nothing other than natural human waste and toilet paper should be put in the toilets, as they will become blocked and unusable. Please ensure no flush wipes or other manufactured products or items are flushed through the toilet. Blockages are costly and you will incur additional charges to resolve the problems.